I’m enjoying Sabbatical during the Fall 2017 – Spring 2018 academic year. My Sabbatical Leave Plan includes visiting both UC Irvine and the Mind Research Network to:
- learn more about Bayesian graphical models,
- learn more about Hamiltonian Monte Carlo (HMC),
- learn about their statistical and computational implementations, and
- apply both to extend current models in the application to fMRI brain imaging data.
- Continue UNM 100-level statistics and mathematics education initiatives to understand factors influencing student
success and find strategies to increase success.