Breaking through the brozone layer
(4) Pass the ocean
(4) Balance the wave
(8) Partner swing
(4) Gents forward into a long wavy line of gents
(4) Gents balance the wave
(8) Gents allemande right 1-1/2 WHILE Ladies orbit CCW to cross the set (keeping Gents to their left)
(8) Neighbor Left-hand gypsy
(8) Neighbor Right-shoulder swing
(8) Gents chain, Gents pull by left, Lady courtesy turn partner Gent
(8) Long lines, forward and back on Left diagonal
Notes: B2 – Teach the courtesy turn first. Ladies will turn their Gent partner in place. Gent puts his right hand in front of the lady and his left hand on his left hip. Lady takes his hands in hers and courtesy turn him once around to feel that scooping motion.
A1 – Pass the ocean has Ladies turn an allemande left 1/4 while Gents pass through and turn a quarter right to take right hands with their partner.
B1 – Left-hand gypsy has left hand at your waist, palm facing your own hip, and linked palm-to-palm with your neighbor as you gypsy. Turn this into a swing by pulling the joined left hand up into an allemande position, put right hand on partner’s right shoulder, and reverse body momentum to swing in the usual direction.
B2 – Long lines towards same-gender new neighbor, back on left diagonal to end across from new opposite-gender neighbor.
Other Notes: Written for Noah Segal 10/25/2011. Posted today (11/22) for his birthday!